High Desert Hideaway

Mullings and thought on topics of various types. The easily offended and those who do not know how to think logically should probably quit reading here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wichita Falls, Texas, United States

Crusty old medically retired Vietnam Veteran. USN Special Warfare, Various US Army postings with the last being Ft. Bragg. Recently Ordained as a Minister and happily living at my High Desert Hideaway number 2. I'll build #1 when we hit either the PCH big check or Sweetie hits the Lotto. :-)

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Strange daze

Just a very brief posting here. Yeah.... unusual for me not to get all carried away with the verbage I know. A bodily change has taken place lately and, for me, it's a pretty damn strange thing. For decades it was quite normal for me to tolerate the heat quite well. I would be shivering cold if it got all the way down to the low 80's. On vacation one summer I slept most comfortably in a tent..... set up in the sun.... while covered with a poncho-liner. Temperature inside hovered near the 120 mark and I didn't even sweat.... it was comfortable. Now I seem to have become.... and I hate to use this term..... normal. I climbed up into the attic yesterday to run a new electrical wire down to the main break box. I wasn't all that hot up there..... perhaps 140 or 150F..... something that would not have bothered me at all just two years ago. I climbed down after being up there for perhaps a minute..... deciding that it might be better to wait for early morning to attempt the project. I have always been able to take the heat and this is just plain weird for me.

Now early on.... back in my late teens and early 20's..... I had no problem with the entire temperature range. 120 degrees inside a silo or oil tank on the Kansas plains..... or 53 degree water off the coast of southern California. Didn't matter. Three or four minutes of "getting used to it" and I was just fine..... even comfortable. Maybe this getting older stuff isn't all it's cracked up to be after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home