High Desert Hideaway

Mullings and thought on topics of various types. The easily offended and those who do not know how to think logically should probably quit reading here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wichita Falls, Texas, United States

Crusty old medically retired Vietnam Veteran. USN Special Warfare, Various US Army postings with the last being Ft. Bragg. Recently Ordained as a Minister and happily living at my High Desert Hideaway number 2. I'll build #1 when we hit either the PCH big check or Sweetie hits the Lotto. :-)

Friday, April 05, 2013

Winding Down

Good morning, gang! It's been a while since I updated here so probably long overdue for that. Due to Becky's passing home isn't home anymore. We had many, many plans but one of us dying and the other being alone was never one of them.... especially this early in life. Thus I am winding down on the ownership of that property.... sorting through decades of items collected for whatever reason.... and donating, tossing or packing and moving as necessary. Dreams have transformed into fond memories and things which might have been are all so much dust in the wind. (dang near poetic, isn't it?) 

I still have a few major items to move with the trailer but after that pretty much everything can fit into the truck. Speaking of which I seem to have finally gotten all it's little mechanical issues resolved and now, when I park it, I no longer have any oil or water spots under the engine. I got the cooling system drained, flushed and filled on my last trip to Dallas. After a few heating and cooling cycles it is staying at the normal mark and is clear and free of any lingering diesel which contaminated it as a result of the injector sleeves failing. Fuel economy pulling a small trailer is just over 20 mpg which is two miles per gallon better than my Trooper got just driving down the road! 

Needless to say I'm loving my big Ford Excursion. When not moving there is easily room to seat 8 and still have plenty of space for a days shopping to fit in the back. One day I hope to have a nice little 30+ foot travel trailer I can hook to the back so we can get out and start enjoying life in the slower lane. :-)  (blinker off of course)

Posts will continue here, of course, but from this day forward will embody the dreams and aspirations of my new Sweetie and our extended family. New city, new home, new family... just a whole new life in general. So far........ I'm happy and really liking it!!!! :-) If the third time is the charm then it's about to become very charming.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home